Friday, March 5, 2010

February Spending

I have been keeping track of my coupon spending since the beginning of the year (resolution?) .. in the month of January I didn't keep track of everything but in February I did. I decided to keep track of my spending to make sure that I wasn't spending money that didn't need to be spent. I was telling my sister my stats for the month and she told me I should post it on my blog so others could see what is possible when it comes to couponing. I hope these stats are encouraging and help people understand why I could be considered a "crazy coupon lady"

February Spending: Stores
  • CVS
  • Rite Aid
  • Giant
  • Target
  • Weis
In case you are wondering where Wal-Mart is on the list ... I have been able to get such good deals at the 5 stores I have listed that I think I only shopped at Wal-Mart once or twice in the month of February and it was for things that weren't coupon related or were spur of the moment purchases.

February Spending: Retail Value
In this section I am listing what I would have paid if nothing was on sale and if I had no coupons
  • CVS: $98.74
  • Rite Aid: $422.38
  • Giant: $19.58
  • Target: $30.63
  • Weis: $189.03

Total: $760.36

February Spending: OOP
This is what I actually paid out of pocket... cash, credit, or debit spending

  • CVS: $1.64
  • Rite Aid: $65.96
  • Giant: $9.88
  • Target: $15.58
  • Weis: $43.04

Total: $136.10

February Spending: Getting Back
In this section I will list what all I am getting back in the form of rebates, gift cards, and gift certificates.

  • Rite Aid: $101.99
  • Target: $10.00

Total: $111.99

February Spending: Final OOP
My spending oop after I get back all my rebates, gift cards, and gift certificates is:
$24.11

Do you think I should continue to coupon shop? Leave a post and let me know if my savings are worth the while ... Brooke

p.s. anyone can leave a post whether you have an account or not .. just post as anonymous and leave your name if you want

1 comment:

  1. Yes you should keep couponing and I am still jealous about the Purex deal. I'm trying to move on but good grief!

    ReplyDelete